Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Confessions 5.17.13

It's Friday - time to confess the week's indiscretions and come clean before the weekend....

Here goes:

I confess that I am looking forward to lunch today - this week has been National Nursing Home week, and we always conclude with a big catered BBQ - which is today! Yum! I will be stepping out on the Plan today, and enjoying every bite!

Speaking of the Plan, I confess that I'm still doing it and you can see my latest update here.

I confess that I am soooo frustrated with my foot. I did a tiny bit of running 2 days this week, and my foot was throbbing the next day. Does anyone know where I can get a new one?

I confess, once again, that I LOVE my residents. Take this true story from this week:

My sweet 97 year old lady gives me a hug today, grabbing one of my many love handles as she does. 
She says: You are so sweet Caroline, and so pretty. And I guess you know, honey, you are sort of fat. 
I say: Yes ma'am I know I am. 
She says: I thought you did, does your husband like it? 
Me: He doesn't mind it too much.

I confess that at one time, this would have bothered me a little bit, but I've learned that my old people just don't have their filters working anymore (if they ever did), and I enjoy their honest banter - most of the time anyway.
Lastly, I confess that I have discovered Feedly. Since Google Reader is going away in just a couple of months, I needed to find another reader to keep track of my favorite blogs. I tried Blog Lovin' but I just didn't like the layout so much. For now, I'll stick to Feedly - it has a nice, clean looking page that I can customize with different views and categories.

Well, I think that's it for me, what are YOU confessing this week? 

Head over to Aubrey @ High-Heeled Love to join the confessing!
 photo HighHeeledLove_zpsbbcc137c.jpg
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. LOL I love how old people feel they have earned the right to be completely candid. I guess after a while you stop caring! Enjoy the BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of Feedly. Thanks for sharing! I want to check it out because I'm not sure that I think Bloglovin is the way to go, either. Feedburner is looking better and better!

    Linking from Friday Confessions,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that BBQ lunch was amazing! Hope your foot is feeling better soon!

    Thanks for joining the Friday Confessional party. Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I do love comments - thanks for leaving me one!